Slouch hat 

I had a lot of leftovers from my carousel. My coworker just loved the colors of the blanket when I brought it to work. So she asked for a hat in the lovely batik yarn. Of course I made her one. My daughter saw it and tried it on and of course she wanted one too. I made her one from a cotton/acrylic blend. The yarn is so soft and she chose the colors. 

The pattern:


Sophie my dear 

Some of you remember my post about my top 10 projects. Some might have changed a bit but number 1 is still Sophie. For a long long time I have wanted to make a single color Sophie. My problem was that I only liked it in white. And with a 5 year old and a huge dog white is not an option. But then I saw one in pink. I remembered this beautiful pale pink color from my lily pond blanket. And that was it I just couldn’t wait any longer. I ordered a bunch of style craft special dk in pale rose. I had one skein in the house already so I started yesterday. This is part 1 and I love it. 


Sorry for the silence 

Hi everyone 

I’m sorry it’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been so busy. I crochet a little most days but I haven’t finished anything in a long time.

I’m almost done with part 5 on my carousel blanket. I promise to post a picture then! 

I’m also working on a scrap blanket. I have so much acrylic leftovers from all sorts of projects. I decided to turn it into a star blanket. I worked with this pattern before and I love it. This time I’m very inspired by my wonderful friend Ame Warren and her choice of color in her projects. Especially her Sophie’s universe. I try to think like her every time I pick my next color. This is a picture of my blanket so far. It’s on hold for now as I work on my carousel. 


This is a picture from part 4 of the carousel cal. 

The last thing I want to share with you is my latest purchase 😊 my cute little car I just bought yesterday!! I love its color and I’m going to crochet a matching blanket or something to keep in the car. 

That’s it for now. 

Have a wonderful day! 


The correct way 

So after joining everything and hiding the tails I found out that I did the joining wrong on my carousel. 

And being a perfectionist I just couldn’t let it go. I was not satisfied with my piece and I had to change it. 

So I frogged all that I had joined and started over. 

This time I did it right and it’s so much better! It’s lying almost entirely flat without blocking. My previous attempt didn’t! I’m so happy that I changed it! Even though it meant a lot more work. 

I did it all in one evening and my arms and neck was very sore afterwards. But I did it and I’m so in love with this CAL again. 

Here you can see the difference of the two after joining without blocking.